6.11.2009

General Law and Law of Exception

I'm not going to become anemic.

A while ago (years? months? I don't remember) I stated that in all my presentation of the Work I probably should have made spiritual warfare a more prominent, foundational element in the presentation.

The Work idea for this is: General Law and Law of Exception.

Obviously I wrote about the General Law (less on the Law of Exception), but my main focus from the beginning was for 'beginners' after all. Hence my main focus on B influences and describing what self-remembering actually is, and so on. (Actually not just beginners, but the necessity of clearing the ground that the false and dumb teachers had set.)

Another thing, lately, is my need to get a 'seamless' robe constituting the Bible and the Work. Spiritual warfare is this.

I was shocked a bit recently in coming across a site where a person (not a Work person, or a Christian) was describing the General Law very accurately (with understanding that comes from experience). Describing it from an angle of being harassed in general by gangs or whatever. This person had found Ouspensky's and Mouravieff's writings on the General Law and then wrote about it rather impressively (I also suspect they came across my various writings through general searches because I see my language being used). I was shocked because this is the element of the Work I myself had let slip from my approach or my general awareness when thinking in Work terms. All that happened to me recently regarding my family was just pure General Law manifestation, just rather hardcore levels of it.

Read the first four posts listed on this page at this person's site, you'll be impressed (and perhaps inspired to re-hit the ground running):

http://gangstalkingjournal.com/blog/

The Law of Exception embodies things I've also been touching on that are foundational, but that have hung around the periphery. The necessity of accepting you are doing something unusual and rare. That you are a prophet, a priest, and king and what that means. Avoiding the vanity and pride while not avoiding the reality that you are not common. Etc. - C.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Hello, glad you found my articles useful (I recently rewrote/updated the series a bit and will be adding more soon). I had not come across your site until now, so I'm supposing any similar words/tone are because we're similar or resonate around the same truths explored. I look forward to reading more of your site and welcome discussion.

ct said...

You probably won't see this reply because of the time lapse, but hi, and the similarity I saw in my own writing is probably due to the Work language itself. It tends to make us all look like we are lifting words and phrases and ideas from each other. (Mouravieff is a bit different from the main Work sources, yet he uses Work language nevertheless. I use Ouspensky as the 'pure spring' for the Work language - ideas, practices, and goals - myself.)

I'm probably more separated out from the world than yourself (saw pictures of your family and all that), so I come across as a bit strange to most.

I'll read your site and maybe leave a message or two sometime...