7.22.2008

Words and new wineskins

I think everybody (or just myself) is tired of words. I find that I can write down the most practical penetrating real insights and truths about the plan of God or the only real goal of a human and all that, and still, really, it is just words. Because you walk away from the paper or screen and the thought just stays there and you go to whatever you are doing in your everyday life.

Words of course though have real power up to a point. When I first encountered the words that described self-remembering to me, and I was ready for it and knew what it was, I didn't walk away from the page the same person. I was changed.

But after awhile words reach their limit.

Really, what it is is this: pouring new wine into old wineskins. You need a new wineskin to hold the new wine. You need to develop capacity for understanding to develop new understanding.

The old Work teaching that it is knowledge plus being which equals understanding.

So you have to increase level of being at the same time of taking in new knowledge and new insights and all the rest.

This can be forgotten.

But the original point I thought I was going to make, which is still worth making is this: hmm...actually it's the point I ended up making... I was going to say when words reach their limit one can only read the living language of the Word of God and do the being-increasing efforts of the Work. Things that effect essence.

No comments: