11.15.2008

RE: Unique idiot (this email contains a big subject)

> I read the book idiots in Paris.. it was quite interesting
> because it was a combination of the diaries of Elizibeth
> Bennet and John Bennet. John Bennet was kind of like a
> lunatic yogi, who would do things like sit with his arms
> outstretched for 3 hours trying to "break through"
> whilst Elizibeth was a hopeless devotional type who'd
> write things like "today Mr Gurdjieff drank tea!"
> etc etc...
>
> But between the lines you got a decent impression of what
> was going on there.


So notice it didn't occur to him to attempt to be in a real state of self-remembering, non-identification for three full hours? Is this why Ouspensky left Gurdjieff's environment? (Maybe he was doing that and I'm reading too much into it with not enough info.)

It's common to wonder where it leads. Because at first it leads to higher experiencing and higher understanding of things we already know (influences, for instance), but we have to consider that when we exhaust all that and then wonder 'where does it all lead?' that it leads to us being in higher realms, able to be used by God, in battle, for instance, or even just in a garden of the higher Kingdom of God, but it manifests in events down here too.

Like, once I remember going to an apartment complex to pick up my young nephew to take him to a park, and unique events occurred, a family was moving, my nephew had played with their little girl, so I said let them play on the grass awhile and say goodbye, and I sat in my car, then the little girl threw some toys at me, angry, didn't know why, but I waited, then finally my nephew got in the car, then I started to drive away, and just then the toddler - not the little girl but a younger child - of the family bolted in between parked cars and into the path of my car with the mother frantically running after (and the mother was intensely frantic, more than what the event seemed to call for, but in recurrence it may have been the event of the death of bad injury of her child...but I had seen it all as if in slow motion (I was in a higher state), and had already stopped (a common sleeping state would not have seen the event unfolding and just hit the
accelerator and who knows), and I've thought that that is a good example of how you can be used to change things. That child wasn't hit by a car that day because I was able to be used by higher forces, I was delayed (me being strange, not in a hurry, like normal humans) which altered the timing of the events then in the event itself which I was now taking a part in I was awake, and so on.

Remember I've mentioned that I always used my time with my little nephew to practice being in the third state. It was a reason to go to unique places, parks and so on. Pulling him in a wagon around the neighborhood. Things like that.

So that is a big thought: knowing that that effort to be in the third state not only puts you in contact with C Influence, but it makes you available to be used down here in ways you can't predict, and it also gives you things, puts you in environments you can't necessarily see, that effect you. - C.

POSTSCRIPT: This subject is big because it gets at the wall that one hits with this Work. It gets at what is beyond that wall.

It's the same old foundational Work teaching though: make efforts without expectation of results. That is not because it's a 'wrong motivation' to work for results, but it's because you can't discern what the results are except perhaps, and at first, in hind sight.

You throw your hands up, exasperated, "There's nothing to do!" meanwhile things are happening all around you *and through you* that you're not discerning. Things are happening, that is, as long as you *are* making efforts.

You're a soldier on the battlefield in the higher world, active, and then you just stop making efforts and the higher forces say: "Well, we lost that one. Didn't think anything 'was happening.' No, you were just in the midst of battle being a rare soldier for us, usable. And now you've gone away because you think nothing was happening. OK, we'll wait on you. You'll wake up again in time..."

POSTSCRIPT II: Starting to move and act in the higher world consciously. This is the #5 Man stage of Work.

No comments: