1.29.2009

On book reading goals

I think what can hamstring book reading goals for a new year is being too limited in how you go about it. For instance, I have a list a seven books I'd like to read complete (complete readings is the subject here, we all read a thousand books a year in other ways, for other purposes than a complete download), but I always tend to put the most important up first, even if I'm not currently moved to read it first.

I think once I have my seven, then I should realize I'll read them all *at some time* during the upcoming year, so just hit the one I'm most eager to hit first and get through it.

Create momentum for them *all*, including the more difficult ones (the ones that require more effort of attention, i.e. they don't draw you as easily, even though you have interest in them).

You do have to finish what you start, though.

No comments: