5.22.2009

CHRISTIAN

Erasmus said, "A spiritual temple must be raised in Christians." I think he was speaking in the context of having the Word of God, but the metaphor is larger and very complete.

This is a good visual. Practical. If you're a spiritual temple, walking around, aware of being a spiritual temple, it is hard to indulge very un-spiritual-temple-like features of false personality.

I think I can solve much of my current angst by being a Christian first, being in that mystery, subordinating it to nothing. Not that I do anyway, but I'm conscious of the split in the language of the Work and the Bible always nevertheless.

Putting on a seamless robe that represents CHRISTIAN and see the Work as a Christian school after that. Use the Work to understand Jesus' teaching of practical level doing, see it as a language of the Holy Spirit, a language of knowledge and being, of doing, but the Word of God is supreme.

I do this anyway, but I am guilty of being ashamed or reticent to do it all out for fear of the reaction from the unbelieving world. Even the half-believing world. I flinch. Not *too* much (I always overstate).

And once for all one needn't be in a 'church'. One need, though, be in the invisible Church of which Christ is King. - C.

ps- We've been over this before, but it bears repeating: when you do the two conscious shocks, and when you connect with conscious influence, you are connecting with God. Conscious influence can only come from God. There is a spirit of disobedience, but it is obviously a slave to features of false personality. It is aided by vanity, worldly pride, and rebellious self-will. Violence, depression, lust (identifiction), resentment (internal-considering). Sleep. Imaginary 'I'. A Christian who has the Work teaching - and who has understanding of it, or capability to understand it - is a Christian who has been given a great amount of grace from God. It is armour as well, and it may be God equipping you for duty a bit higher in calling than the average Christian; for now and beyond.

No comments: